[Freeipa-users] authentication with latest putty fails

Han Boetes hboetes at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 15:56:18 UTC 2013

Your information about the quest putty version seems to be outdated. ;-)

Quest Softare no longer maintains recent releases of PuTTY. To obtain the
latest stable release of PuTTY please goto PuTTY Download Page
* The functionality that was provided by Quest Software's PuTTY packages
have now been included in the latest releases of PuTTY, making Quest PuTTY
obsolete.

I'm testdriving the centrify version at the moment and...

~/debug% cat ~/out
Using Kerberos authentication
Using principal fh at REALM
Got host ticket host/test-server-ipa.domain at REALM
login as fh at REALM

Kerberos authentication failed.  Please check
1) Unix login name is correct
2) Target service principal name is correct
3) Kerberos authentication is enabled in SSH server
4) Clock in the host is syncrhonized with the clock in AD

fh at REALM@test-server-ipa's password:
Last login: Fri Jan  4 14:51:25 2013 from ipa-w7.domain
[fh at test-server-ipa ~]$ klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_1554800011_JDgpIu5465
Default principal: fh at REALM

01/04/13 14:52:49  01/05/13 14:52:49  krbtgt/REALM at REALM
[fh at test-server-ipa ~]$

That's does provide a valid ticket but not a passwordless login. Actually I
have to enter a pass twice here!

# Han