[Freeipa-users] Howto re-deploy an IPA-client using kickstart

Fred van Zwieten fvzwieten at vxcompany.com
Sat Jan 12 08:28:30 UTC 2013

Hi there,

We are in the process of implementing Satellite and want to automate server
installations 100% using kickstart, cobbler, satellite.

IPA clients can be scripted enrolled using kickstart. Plenty of
documentation about that.

However, how to "re"-enroll IPA clients?

Satellite gives me the option to re-install a server. In this case, there
are still host and possibly service records for this host present in IPA
and DNS.

One way to think about this is, that it's actually OK to keep those records
there, because it is a "re"-installation, so why remove and re-enroll?
However, there is the krb5.keytab in /etc. I could save that file during
redeployment, but I'm not sure if that will work. And iare there any other
gotcha's.

So, the question is, how to re-install an IPA client using kickstart
(silent re-install)?

Regards,

Fred