[Freeipa-users] Starting from scratch & migrating users?

Matthew Barr mbarr at snap-interactive.com
Tue Jan 22 20:39:24 UTC 2013

We've got a freeipa system installed, but it's experiencing some bugs.  I suspect some of it came from adding & removing a replica, as well as upgrading from prior versions.
(we're on centos 6.3 now)

We're about to do a datacenter rebuild & move, and I'd like to start from scratch, yet still import the users & their passwords.    I suspect we can just do a clean build in the new site, and just do a migrate of the users via the ldap method.

Thoughts?  I don't anticipate moving any hardware that's enrolled from site to site, so certs & the like shouldn't be a factor.

Matthew Barr
Technical Architect
E: mbarr at snap-interactive.com
AIM: matthewbarr1