[Freeipa-users] missing objects during migration steps

Johnathan Phan john at ox-consulting.com
Wed Jan 23 10:11:04 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

k pass authentication issues now. It's now complaining about objects not
there.

ipa: ERROR: uri=ldaps://ldap1.example.com:636: Unable to retrieve LDAP
schema: No such object:

However when I run the following commands on the new IPA server.

ldapsearch -x -H ldaps://ldap.example.com:636 -b
ou=groups,ou=live,dc=example,dc=com -D "cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com" -W

or

ldapsearch -x -H ldaps://ldap.example.com:636 -b ou=ib,dc=example,dc=com -D
"cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com" -W and I get output

Ldap shows the users and groups in the old system. It just dumps out the
whole content of the OU.

I have tried to run the following two commands and I still get the same
error

ipa migrate-ds --bind-dn="cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com"
--user-container="ou=ib,dc=example,dc=com" ldaps://ldap1.example.com:636

or

ipa migrate-ds --bind-dn="cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com"
--user-container="ou=ib,dc=example,dc=com"
--group-container="ou=groups,ou=live,dc=example,dc=com" ldaps://
ldap1.example.com:636

What is IPA complaining about specifically? I know objects are in these
ou's Is it expecting something different?

Regards

John