[Freeipa-users] Windows XP Client problem

Eric Chennells eric at zymeworks.com
Wed Jan 23 22:50:06 UTC 2013

Hello,

I have the unfortunate requirement of needing to authenticate windows XP
clients against freeipa.

I have followed the instuctions of these two guides:
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/15/html/FreeIPA_Guide/Using_Micro
soft_Windows.html
http://freeipa.org/page/Windows_authentication_against_FreeIPA

Kerberos is working, because I can do a kinit username and properly receive
a krbtgt principle.

However on login I get the error "The system could not log you on".

For the map user step I did "ksetup /mapuser * *" and have a local user
created with the same username as the IPA user.

Is there a step I am missing? I feel as though I am close because kerberos
is working.

I am using FreeIPA 2.2 on RHEL 6.3

Thanks for any tips.

Eric

Notice of Confidentiality: The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of
or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error
please contact the sender immediately by return electronic transmission and then
immediately delete this transmission including all attachments without copying,
distributing or disclosing the same.