[Freeipa-users] named (DNS) dumping core

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 09:26:50 UTC 2013

> Yes, it looks like we ran into the same bug.
> We will schedule an update for our IPA servers soon to address this issue.

As a heads up you can do these one at a time and for this particular issue
it doesn't require a full IPA restart... Just named.

When we updated ours after the srpm got published and rebuilt we carried
out the following process on each IPA server one at a time...

1) for i in {1..300}; do rndc reload; sleep 1; done
2) observe the named segfault
3) yum update bind-dyndb-ldap
4) service named restart
5) for i in {1..300}; do rndc reload; sleep 1; done
6) observe a stable named