[Freeipa-users] SSSD/SSH authentication issues on some hosts

Ryan Cunningham ryan.cunningham.xyzzy at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 22:38:08 UTC 2013

> What I see is:
>
>  fatal: Access denied for user admin by PAM account configuration
>
> What about disabling selinux?

Whoops, I probably should have caught these myself.

Disabling SELinux fixed one of the hosts. I didn't even look at it because
I believed that I had disabled it previously.

The other problem host didn't have SELinux enabled but was missing the
/etc/selinux/targeted directory structure and was dropping an error:

 [sssd[pam]] [write_selinux_login_file] (0x0040): creating the temp file
for SELinux data failed. /etc/selinux/targeted/logins/adminnik1F1(Sun Jun
2 18:01:44 2013) [sssd[pam]] [pam_reply] (0x0100): blen: 25

Everything's working fine now -- thanks for looking at those logs.

Best regards,
Ryan