[Freeipa-users] Sudo Commands and groups confusion

Pavel Březina pbrezina at redhat.com
Thu Jun 13 11:49:10 UTC 2013

On 06/12/2013 02:51 PM, Pavel Březina wrote:
> On 06/12/2013 02:37 PM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 11:22:35AM +0200, Matt . wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The package as you described is installed, the configlines are set as
>>> you
>>> show it.
>>>
>>> This is what I see in auth.log, my sssd_sudo does not show a thing:
>>>
>>> Jun 12 11:19:16 server sudo: pam_unix(sudo:auth): authentication
>>> failure;
>>> logname=USERNAME uid=866600006 euid=0 tty=/dev/pts/0 ruser=USERNAME
>>> rhost=
>>> user=USERNAME
>>> Jun 12 11:19:16 server sudo: pam_sss(sudo:auth): User info message: Your
>>> password will expire in 89 day(s).
>>> Jun 12 11:19:16 server sudo: pam_sss(sudo:auth): authentication success;
>>> logname=USERNAME uid=866600006 euid=0 tty=/dev/pts/0 ruser=USERNAME
>>> rhost=
>>> user=USERNAME
>>> Jun 12 11:19:16 server sudo: USERNAME : user NOT in sudoers ;
>>> TTY=pts/0 ;
>>> PWD=/ ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/su
>>
>> Pavel, I know you were debugging this problem on IRC, was there any
>> conclusion?
>>

> No. I'm waiting for our lab to come back online so I can try to
> reproduce it.

I followed the deployment guide and everything works fine. If you still
have problem, please start over and follow:
[1] for sudo-ldap-ipa
[2] for sudo-sssd-ipa

Check list:
- NIS domain has to be set to IPA domain

- hostname must be set to fqdn

- sudo-ldap configuration file on RHEL systems is located at
   # sudo -V | grep ldap.conf
   ldap.conf path: /etc/sudo-ldap.conf

- nsswitch must contain sudoers: ldap or sudoers: sss
   # cat /etc/nsswitch.conf  | grep sudoers
   sudoers: files ldap

[1]
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/Identity_Management_Guide/index.html#example-configuring-sudo

[2] http://www.freeipa.org/images/7/77/Freeipa30_SSSD_SUDO_Integration.pdf