[Freeipa-users] (no subject)

Marcelo Carvalho joaquimdecarvalho at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 20:10:29 UTC 2013

Hi Folks.

I have installed an ipa server and a replica on linux CentOS release
6.4 (Final).  It is using outside DNS.  I have https console access
authenticating admin user through kerberos, and have migrated
information on 80+ users and groups to it from a LDAP server.

Packages related to ipa installed at main server are:

[root ~]# rpm -qa | grep ipa
ipa-server-selinux-3.0.0-26.el6_4.2.x86_64
ipa-pki-ca-theme-9.0.3-7.el6.noarch
libipa_hbac-1.9.2-82.el6.x86_64
ipa-python-3.0.0-26.el6_4.2.x86_64
ipa-admintools-3.0.0-26.el6_4.2.x86_64
ipa-client-3.0.0-26.el6_4.2.x86_64
python-iniparse-0.3.1-2.1.el6.noarch
ipa-pki-common-theme-9.0.3-7.el6.noarch
libipa_hbac-python-1.9.2-82.el6.x86_64
ipa-server-3.0.0-26.el6_4.2.x86_64
[root ~]#

I am now on the process of installing a CentOS 6.4 as IPA client, and
switch my Ubuntu desktop to use IPA as well.

1- On the CentOS 6.4 as IPA client:

Packages installed are:

 $ rpm -qa | grep ipa
ipa-client-3.0.0-26.el6_4.2.x86_64
ipa-python-3.0.0-26.el6_4.2.x86_64
python-iniparse-0.3.1-2.1.el6.noarch
libipa_hbac-python-1.9.2-82.el6.x86_64
libipa_hbac-1.9.2-82.el6.x86_64

I run installation line as follows and

    ipa-client-install --domain=xxxx.xxx --server=ipaserver.xxxxxx.xxx
--realm=XXXXXX.XXX

Id did go well and I see output line:

    Client configuration complete.

Although all of the above I still cannot login into this new node
using IPA.  It still checks the local users.

2- On the Ubunto desktop

   I am locked out.  It now does not accept my IPA user-passwd not my
local-user-passwd.

Please advise on both.

Many thanks,

Marcelo