[Freeipa-users] Configure IPA 3.1.5 client for sudo?

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Mon Jun 24 13:42:13 UTC 2013

On Mon, 24 Jun 2013, Dean Hunter wrote:
>On Mon, 2013-06-24 at 09:07 +0300, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 23 Jun 2013, Dean Hunter wrote:
>> >Section 14.4. Applying the Configured sudo Policies to Hosts of the
>> >FreeIPA Guide, Edition 3.1.5 in the Fedora 18 documentation contains
>> >only an example of configuring sudo for use with FreeIPA 2.2. It differs
>> >in many regards from QA:Testcase freeipav3 sudo sssd in the Wiki at
>> >fedoraproject.org.
>> >
>> >What instructions should I use to configure an IPA 3.1.5-1 client with
>> >sudo?
>> This thread should clear it up:
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2013-June/msg00064.html
>>
>> This presentation covers current state:
>> http://www.freeipa.org/images/7/77/Freeipa30_SSSD_SUDO_Integration.pdf
>>

>Thank you for the prompt response!  I really appreciate how helpful
>y'all are on this list.  The slide presentation is especially useful
>because of all the explanation.  Have you identified a target release
>for:
>
>        1) SSSD doesn't support FreeIPA as SUDO provider yet
>        2) A command line tool to preform the client configuration
>
>Thank you again for your help.
We are working on (2) for FreeIPA 3.3 for producing client configuration
advisories out of existing server configuration in the case of
suggesting configurations of older clients.

Look at freeipa-devel@ where we are discussing ipa-advise tool if you
are interested.

As for (1), it is part of SSSD work so I'd defer that answer to SSSD
experts ;)
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy