[Freeipa-users] AEGIS "integration"

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Fri Jun 28 19:03:25 UTC 2013

On 06/26/2013 11:58 AM, Brian Lee wrote:
> I would be interested in this as well. We're utilizing AEGIS, so any
> integration options or user experience would be quite helpful.
>

> On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 10:43 AM, KodaK <sakodak at gmail.com
> <mailto:sakodak at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     My manager sent this line item to me today for his meeting with a
>     director over operations:
>
>     "Discuss long term authentication of aix and linux systems.  Most
>     likely need to integrate with aegis"
>
>     Besides the fact that I don't know what they mean here by
>     "integrate" -- has anyone done anything with AEGIS that might "fit
>     the description" so to speak?
>
>     A bit of background:  they (the windows folks, of which the
>     director in question is one) have been trying to push IPA out
>     since the day I put it in.  I'm wondering if this is yet another
>     artificial barrier they're using to attempt to justify that decision.

I did a quick scan of the AEGIS docs.
http://mysite.verizon.net/ralph.a.smith1/aegis/howto-html/working_in_teams.html#id2535810

General requirement is to have the same users on all systems.
This can be accomplished by using SSSD+ FreeIPA on Linux and AIX LDAP
client against FreeIPA if needed on AIX.
See client configuration chapter on FreeIPA Fedora docs and pages on
FreeIPA wiki.

They also mention NFS. It would be really beneficial to use NFS4 with
FreeIPA.
You can find pointers to how to do this in the presentations by Steve
Dickson at Red Hat summit for the last 2-3 years.
http://rhsummit.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/dickson_t_0230_evolvingimprovingredhatenterpriselinuxnfs.pdf
http://rhsummit.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/dickson_the_evolution_nfs_protocol.pdf

--
Thank you,