[Freeipa-users] Service...not found in Kerberos database

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at azariah.com
Sat Jun 29 07:40:16 UTC 2013

We are trying to query an IPA server from a new IPA server (not replication,
just trying to query to recreate accounts).

But, when I run the query, I get this:

[root at ipan ~]# ipa -vvv -e xmlrpc_uri=https://ipa0.lab.whamcloud.com/ipa/xml
user-show jkugler
ipa: INFO: trying https://ipa0.lab.whamcloud.com/ipa/xml
ipa: INFO: Forwarding 'user_show' to server
u'https://ipa0.lab.whamcloud.com/ipa/xml'
ipa: ERROR: Service 'HTTP at ipa0.lab.whamcloud.com' not found in Kerberos
database

I've done some googling, and what the answers I found had to do with DNS
issues, but I don't believe that is the cause in our case, due to DNS lookups
seeming to work.

[root at ipan ~]# host ipan.lab.whamcloud.com
ipan.lab.whamcloud.com has address 10.10.0.50
[root at ipan ~]# host ipa0.lab.whamcloud.com
ipa0.lab.whamcloud.com has address 10.10.0.4
[root at ipan ~]# host 10.10.0.50
50.0.10.10.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer ipan.lab.whamcloud.com.
[root at ipan ~]# host 10.10.0.4
4.0.10.10.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer ipa0.lab.whamcloud.com.

What config do I need to tweak on the new server to allow it to query the old
server?

Thanks!

Joshua J. Kugler - Fairbanks, Alaska
Azariah Enterprises - Programming and Website Design
joshua at azariah.com - Jabber: pedahzur at gmail.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0x73B13B6A