[Freeipa-users] Password expiry when account provisioned/updated via JSON RPC

Brian Smith brs at usf.edu
Wed Mar 6 03:28:51 UTC 2013

I set the policy to 1 year and recreated the account.

$ ipa pwpolicy-show --user=it-rc-test-faculty
  Group: global_policy
  Max lifetime (days): 365
  Min lifetime (hours): 1
  History size: 0
  Character classes: 0
  Min length: 8
  Max failures: 10
  Failure reset interval: 60
  Lockout duration: 600

Looks like a bug was filed for this about 9 months ago:

I can also confirm the same behavior when the policy is set to 0 days, less
than 90 days, or if I create a separate password policy for users in the
ipausers group.  The result is always 90 days.

If the user updates the password themselves (after initial login) then the
password policy works and sets the expiry accordingly.

The user that is adding the users with userpasswd set appears in the
passsyncmanagersdns list:

passsyncmanagersdns:
uid=rc-user-svcacct,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=rc,dc=usf,dc=edu