[Freeipa-users] Realm distrubuted across data centers

Michael ORourke mrorourke at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 13 02:40:40 UTC 2013

We have a single realm distributed across 2 data centers and 2 offices with
4 replicated IPA servers (2 in each data center).  We are running IPA server
and client v2.2.0 on all servers and replication appears to be functioning
correctly.  What I have noticed is that some servers in DC1, have no
connectivity to the IPA servers in DC2, and when you try connecting to them
from Office1 you sometimes get a long authentication delay.  I suspect this
is caused by a timeout waiting for an IPA server in DC2 to respond (which it
can't).  So I guess my question is, is there a 'best practices' approach to
this scenario?