[Freeipa-users] squid problems when upgrading to 6.4

Dale Macartney dale at themacartneyclan.com
Wed Mar 13 21:45:32 UTC 2013

http://freeipa.org/page/Squid_Integration_with_FreeIPA_using_Single_Sign_On

http://freeipa.org/page/Squid_Integration_with_FreeIPA_using_Single_Sign_On#Change_the_.2Fetc.2Finit.d.2Fsquid_startup_script_to_read_in_the_keytab_on_service_start.
> were gone and so the internet was not working. Not nice.
>
> The howto should specify that the config must come in
> /etc/sysconfig/squid instead. Then the upgrade has no nasty
> consequences. So /etc/sysconfig/squid should look like this:
>
> # default squid options
> SQUID_OPTS=""
>
> # Time to wait for Squid to shut down when asked. Should not be necessary
> # most of the time.
> SQUID_SHUTDOWN_TIMEOUT=100
>
> # default squid conf file
> SQUID_CONF="/etc/squid/squid.conf"
>
> # kerberos stuff
> KRB5_KTNAME=/etc/squid/krb5.keytab
> export KRB5_KTNAME

Hi Natxo

I've just deployed a RHEL 6.4 proxy and the guide is still accurate and
works.. however I agree a config file would be a better place for the
options. Both work at the end of the day.

I'm more curious as to why your squid init script was replaced instead
of the usual scenario of having the new file saved as .rpmsave.

> By the way, I came accross http://squidkerbauth.sourceforge.net/
> squid_kerb_ldap to allow/block stuff in the proxy depending on ldap
> group membership. I have not tested it yet, but will post it if(when)
> I get it working.
You can also check out SquidGuard, which is available in EPEL.

I've written an article for Active Directory, however it is just as easy
to use it with IPA.
https://www.dalemacartney.com/2012/07/06/web-proxy-filtering-with-squidguard-using-active-directory-group-memberships/