[Freeipa-users] Replica installation failing

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Tue Mar 19 12:31:22 UTC 2013

On 03/19/2013 01:12 PM, Bret Wortman wrote:
> Preparation of the replica data file went without a hitch, but on installation:
>
> # ipa-replica-install --setup-dns --no-forwarders
> replica-info-jsipa.damascusgrp.com <http://replica-info-jsipa.damascusgrp.com>
> --skip-conncheck
> Directory Manager (existing master) password:
>
> Configuring NTP daemon (ntpd)
> :
> Configuring directory server (dirsrv): Estimated time 1 minute
> :
> :
>   [21/30]: setting up initial replication
> Starting replication, please wait until this has completed.
> [ipamaster.damascusgrp.com <http://ipamaster.damascusgrp.com>] reports: Update
> failed! Status: [-1 - LDAP error: Can't contact LDAP server]
> :
> # getenforce
> Disabled
> # systemctl status iptables.service
> iptables.service
>           Loaded: error (Reason: No such file or directory)
>           Active: inactive(dead)
>
> #
>
> Any ideas? This is a brand-new server just set up via kickstart. It's running
> Fedora 18 and IPA 3.1.0-2.fc18.
>
> _
> _
> *Bret Wortman*
> <http://damascusgrp.com/>
> http://damascusgrp.com/ <http://bretwortman.com/>
> http://twitter.com/BretWortman

Hello Bret,

Is ipamaster.damascusgrp.com still resolvable from the replica machine? I would
try running:

# host ipamaster.damascusgrp.com

... after the failed ipa-replica-install. There were issues in the past when
/etc/resolv.conf changed during replica installation and caused similar error
in a middle of ipa-replica-install.

If the DNS resolution is OK, I would also check
/var/log/dirsvr/slapd-INST/errors on replica and on master - are there any
relevant errors?

Martin