[Freeipa-users] Replica installation failing

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Tue Mar 19 16:31:07 UTC 2013

I tried this scenario and it worked for me. I installed a FreeIPA master on F17
machine (freeipa-server-2.2.2-1.fc17.x86_64), created a replica info file for
fedora 18 machine and run ipa-replica-install on this one
(freeipa-server-3.1.2-1.fc18.x86_64) and the installation was successful.

If you still have the development environment, can you please:
1) Try to make sure you have up-to-date freeipa on f17 and f18, then
2) Create a new replica info file for the replica, copy it on a replica
3) Install the replica

If it fails again, we will need to investigate 389-ds-base logs on both server
and replica machines to see if that helps us see the root cause.

Martin