[Freeipa-users] Freeipa 3.1.x install on Fedora 18 issues

Miller, Kevin R kevin.r.miller at lmco.com
Thu Mar 21 17:20:17 UTC 2013

I installed freeipa from the Fedora 18 repo and then ran the freeipa-server-install with the proper parameters.  Installation seems to be successful but the http (80) and ldap (389) services are not listening on the ipv4 interface.  I confirmed that the /etc/hosts file contains a proper entry that maps the ipv4 address to the fqdn.  If I run a netstat -an |grep 389 I get the following

Tcp6       0              0              :::389     :::*         Listen

A netstat -an |grep 80 returns the same
Tcp6       0              0              :::80       :::*         Listen

Since I wasn't even using ipv6 I cannot explain why the services were trying to bind to the ipv6 address instead of the configured IPV4 address I decided to force IPV6 to be disabled by added an entry in the /etc/sysctl.conf file to disable ipv6.  After I did that, the port 80 now binds to 0.0.0.0 which is what I wanted but the 389 continues to bind to :::.

Any tips would be appreciated.