[Freeipa-users] EXTERNAL: Re: Winsync Issues

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Mar 21 19:59:36 UTC 2013

On 03/21/2013 01:45 PM, Joseph, Matthew (EXP) wrote:

> Hey Rich,
>
> I've changed the password multiple times now and it's still not
> accepting the password. I've even set it as simple as password.
>
> I forgot to mention in my initial post that my domain looks more like
> this.
>
> Domain1.domain2.ca
>
> So my command looks like
> cn=idmpasssync,cn=users,dc=domain1,dc=domain2,dc=ca
>
> That shouldn't make a difference should it?

As long as that is the DN you are using with ldapsearch -D, and the same
as the DN you are passing to ipa-manage-replica, that should be fine.

Let's take a step back.  Do you know the windows admin password?  If so,
try this:

ldapsearch -xLLL -ZZ -h adserver.domain.ca -D
"cn=administrator,cn=idmpasssync,cn=users,dc=domain1,dc=domain2,dc=ca"
-w 'admin password' -s base -b