[Freeipa-users] Mail Challenge Password Reset

KodaK sakodak at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 20:42:32 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 7:54 PM, Simo Sorce <simo at redhat.com> wrote:
> You should have given the pwm user 'password sync' privileges.
> See this: http://www.freeipa.org/page/PasswordSynchronization

I remember what my problem with PWM was now:  it wants to go out and
retrieve something from "the cloud" when it runs, and since we're
behind a few dozen firewalls that's just not going to happen.

"2013-03-21 14:16:28, TRACE, pwm.VersionChecker, sending cloud version
request to: https://pwm-cloud.appspot.com/rest/pwm/current-version"

It just hangs there.  Anyway, I'm not going to bother trying to fix it, because:

http://ltb-project.org/wiki/documentation/self-service-password

That works just fine.  I listed the user I set up for password
management in passSyncManagersDNs and everything seems OK.

I need to evaluate LTB quite a bit and make sure there aren't any
glaring holes, but it looks like I may have a solution.  PWM looks
like it'd be nice, but I'm a path-of-least-resistance kind of guy.

--Jason