[Freeipa-users] Cannot Enter in IP Addresses via GUI

adam smith adam.smith.jr.888 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 19:21:06 UTC 2013

First off, I am a new IPA admin, so please bear with me!
I was wondering if something has changed recently...As of this past Friday,
I was able to create Hosts under the Identity tab within the GUI. However,
now it will not accept any IP address that I enter in. The message received
is: "Not a valid IP address" (regardless of what I put into the field) When
I force it without an IP address entered in, it goes through, but then I am
not able to add the IP address into DNS manually afterwards because of the
same error. When I try to add this host and record manually via the command
line on the server, it fails with "ipa: ERROR: did not receive Kerberos
credentials".
Trying through the GUI does not generate any error messages becasue it
doesnt let me submit, it wont let me add the record at all. I have tried
rebooting the server and restarting the service a few different times to no
avail...

Any thoughts or things that I can try?

Heres the info on the ipa package installed:
Name        : ipa-server
Arch        : x86_64
Version     : 3.0.0
Release     : 26.el6_4.2
Size        : 4.2 M
Repo        : installed
>From repo   : rhel-x86_64-server-6
Summary     : The IPA authentication server
URL         : http://www.freeipa.org/
License     : GPLv3+

Thanks,
Adam