[Freeipa-users] kinit seg-fault for Solaris 9

David Redmond david.redmond at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 16:36:46 UTC 2013

I run the ipa-getkeytab command as the user I'm changing the password for.

New info: On the server, in my /etc/krb5.conf file I have
"allow_weak_crypto = true". If I remove that from the file, changing the
password via ipa-getkeytab no longer works. The kinit command on the
Solaris client results in a segmentation fault. When I put
"allow_weak_crypto = true" back into the krb5.conf file and change the
password via ipa-getkeytab the kinit command on the Solaris client works
normally.

The ipa-getkeytab command must somehow be referencing "allow_weak_crypto"
and storing the password differently depending on it.