[Freeipa-users] EXTERNAL: Re: IPA - NIS Compatability

Nalin Dahyabhai nalin at redhat.com
Wed Mar 27 17:49:48 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 01:42:58PM -0400, Joseph, Matthew (EXP) wrote:
> Hey Nalin,
>
> Sorry typo on my part. It does say nis-base.

Alright then.  The next thing to check is if the directory entries the
plugin's finding have data that the plugin expects to use to create
entries in the NIS map.

Based on your configuration:
> > nis-map: hosts.byname
> > nis=base: cn=computers,cn=accounts,dc=domain,dc=ca
> > nis-domain: domain.ca
> > nis-secure: no

And these defaults (courtesy of nisserver-plugin-defs -m hosts.byname):
  nis-filter: (&(ipHostNumber=*)(cn=*))
  nis-keys-format: %{cn}
  nis-value-format: %first("%{cn}") %{ipHostNumber} %merge(" ","%{cn}")

The plugin's looking for host entries which contain one or more of both
the 'cn' and 'ipHostNumber' attributes.  Do you have an example entry
from that area of the tree?  Does it contain those attributes?

Nalin