[Freeipa-users] Two kerberos realms for same domainname?

Johnny Westerlund johnny.westerlund at atea.se
Wed May 8 19:21:44 UTC 2013

I was guessing as much,
I'ts just that all the existing servers are allready in an existing domain.
And changing hostnames / fqdn's for all those hosts would hurt.

The DNS "discover" process of the REALM is that based on the fqdn of the principal or is it based on the kerberos realm name?

example principal: host/host1.foo.bar at EXAMPLE.COM

When trying to discover a KDC by DNS, does it look for the various SRV/TXT like _kerberos._tcp in the foo.bar domain or in the EXAMPLE.COM domain?