[Freeipa-users] NFS Auto-Mount Home Directories

Dean Hunter deanhunter at comcast.net
Sat May 11 15:23:05 UTC 2013

Please help me find instructions on configuring NFS auto-mount user home
directories. The FreeIPA Guide very carefully says:

  IMPORTANT
  FreeIPA does not set up or configure autofs. That must be done
  separately. FreeIPA works with an existing autofs deployment.

I have a couple of problems trying to configure autofs:

1) I can not load an existing home directory on a client to the NFS
serve and retain all the SELinux attirbutes.

2) An SELinux problem prevents oddjob_mkhomedir from creating an NFS
home directory for a new user.

I have opened bug reports, but I was hoping that I was making obvious
mistakes that a documented procedure would illuminate.