[Freeipa-users] 3.6. Setting up a Linux Client Through Kickstart

Dean Hunter deanhunter at comcast.net
Wed May 15 21:30:15 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-05-15 at 16:56 -0400, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> Dean Hunter wrote:
> > I have been reading manuals (yes, I know that is not fair but I can not
> > stop myself). It has been about six months since I started working with
> > FreeIPA and I thought it would be a good idea to see if I understood the
> > FreeIPA Guide released with Fedora 17 any better now than before I
> > started.
> >
> > I found a section that peaked my interest: 3.6. Setting up a Linux
> > Client Through Kickstart. Then I checked the Fedora 19 Beta TC4 DVD I am
> > using and discovered that neither the freeipa-client nor the autofs
> > packages are included. Is this an oversight or has the objective of
> > having the FreeIPA client enabled "out of the box" changed?
> >
> > Also, is the edition of the manual, 2.2.0, intended to indicate the
> > FreeIPA version to which the manual corresponds?
>
> You can specify additional repos/packages in a kickstart script, they do
> not need to be included in the ISO.
>
> But yes, we're trying to make this easier. There is some limited support
> for configuring IPA via authconfig, for example.
>
> rob

I am sorry, but I must respectfully disagree about specifying packages
that are not in the ISO. I just tried it:

.
Starting package installation process
Question

You have specified that the package 'freeipa-client' should be
installed. This package does not exist. Would you like to skip this
package and continue with installation?

Please respond 'yes' or 'no':