[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA password sync one direction only (Windows DC -> IPA)

Steve Dainard sdainard at miovision.com
Fri May 17 15:26:36 UTC 2013

Hello,

We're running a single IPA server (CentOS 6) on our network as a side
project for some testing before we implement.

It had been a significant period of time since I had last logged into the
web interface, so I had to kinit from a client machine (of which I had
logged into successfully with my domain password), at which point I was
requested to change my password. After the password change I RDP'd into a
Windows machine on our domain and realized the password had not been
updated on the domain controller.

Is the password sync feature with an external source such as Active
Directory supposed to be two-way? If so where can I start troubleshooting
this issue?

Thanks,

Steve Dainard
Infrastructure Manager