[Freeipa-users] QA:Testcase freeipav3 automount

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Mon May 27 08:53:34 UTC 2013

On 05/25/2013 08:01 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
> On 05/25/2013 11:07 AM, Dean Hunter wrote:
>> A couple of months ago I found in the Test Day pages of the Fedora
>> Project Wiki a wealth of "How to" instructions in the prerequisites and
>> the test cases. In my experience, reference manuals, man pages and help
>> displays are useful for researching specific questions, but they are not
>> usually task oriented. The Test Day pages are wonderfully task oriented.
>>
>> More recently using Google I found "QA:Testcase freeipav3 automount",
>> but discovered it was not linked to the 18 April test cases. I was
>> wondering why? Is it because auto-mount is not a new feature in FreeIPA
>> 3.2.0 and you were not asking for regression testing? Are there other
>> pages that document regression tests? Are the instructions for
>> auto-mount still valid?
>
> The specific page you are asking is linked to a previous test day.
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2012-10-15_FreeIPA

Exactly. In FreeIPA Fedora Test Days our main focus is on new features and as
there were no changes in automount feature in FreeIPA 3.2.0 we did not include
it in Fedora 19 test day page.

Old test day pages are not guaranteed to function with most up-to-date FreeIPA
version. Old features should be covered by information in User guide or
FreeIPA.org wiki.

Martin