[Freeipa-users] replication schedule

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Tue May 28 11:16:37 UTC 2013

On 05/28/2013 01:06 PM, Andrew Tranquada wrote:
> In the documentation it says:
> "Replication between servers and replicas occurs on a schedule"
> However, I have searched and searched and cannot find what that schedule is.
> Maybe I am not looking inright places?
> What is the replication schedule? How often does replication take place to
> other replicas?
>
> Thanks!

Hello Andrew,

Replication schedule is driven by nsDS5ReplicaUpdateSchedule attribute set in a
replication agreement. FreeIPA by default does not set this attribute, so the
replication is performed immediately. If you change the value, you can set the
schedule to meet your needs.

More information to this topic can be found in Directory Server doc:

https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.0/html/Configuration_and_Command_Reference/Configuration_Command_File_Reference-Replication_Attributes_under_cnReplicationAgreementName_cnreplica_cnsuffixName_cnmapping_tree_cnconfig-nsDS5ReplicaUpdateSchedule.html

Martin