[Freeipa-users] Installing a Godaddy Cert with ipa-server-certinstall

John Moyer john.moyer at digitalreasoning.com
Wed May 29 16:52:40 UTC 2013

Rob,

	MyIPA I believe was installed by IPA.  I did everything you suggested, the below is what it looks like now.

--------
certutil -d /etc/httpd/alias -L -h internal

Certificate Nickname                                         Trust Attributes
                                                             SSL,S/MIME,JAR/XPI

MyIPA                                                        u,u,u
Go Daddy Secure Certification Authority - The Go Daddy Group, Inc. CT,,
Go Daddy Class 2 Certification Authority - ValiCert, Inc.    CT,,

----------

I'm still getting the following when I try to restart the dirsrv:

/etc/init.d/dirsrv restart
Shutting down dirsrv:
    EXAMPLE-COM...                                [  OK  ]
    PKI-IPA...                                             [  OK  ]
Starting dirsrv:
    EXAMPLE-COM...[29/May/2013:16:46:47 +0000] - SSL alert: CERT_VerifyCertificateNow: verify certificate failed for cert MyIPA of family cn=RSA,cn=encryption,cn=config (Netscape Portable Runtime error -8172 - Peer's certificate issuer has been marked as not trusted by the user.)
                                                           [  OK  ]
    PKI-IPA...                                             [  OK  ]

I'm also getting the following when I  try to add a server to IPA:

ipa-client-install --domain=example.com --server=server.example.com --realm=EXAMPLE.COM -p builduser -w "BLAH" -U
Hostname: ip-10-133-38-119.ec2.internal
Realm: EXAMPLE.COM
DNS Domain: example.com
IPA Server: server.example.com
BaseDN: dc=example,dc=com

Synchronizing time with KDC...
Joining realm failed: libcurl failed to execute the HTTP POST transaction.  Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates

Installation failed. Rolling back changes.
IPA client is not configured on this system.

Thanks,
John Moyer
Director, IT Operations