[Freeipa-users] New login procedure for FreeIPA wiki - need advice!

Petr Viktorin pviktori at redhat.com
Wed Nov 6 14:50:13 UTC 2013

> On Wed, 06 Nov 2013, Pablo Carranza wrote:
>
>> Have you guys/gals considered using Sphinx <http://sphinx-doc.org/>,
>> instead (perhaps, in conjunction with
>> ReadTheDocs.org<https://readthedocs.org/>
>> )?

Yes, we considered it.
Sphinx and ReadTheDocs are great for a library, but we're not really
making a library. The tools we have now work well for us.

That said, if we wanted to document ipapython or ipaldap and make them
available for projects other than IPA, I think Sphinx would be the tool
to use.

> I'm not sure how it helps -- we need a wiki working on FreeIPA org, it
> is part of our development routine to work jointly on feature
> development and we use wiki for that purpose -- see
> http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3_Designs
>
> We also have no need to use alternative hosting, current one is fine, so
> github is not really a solution.

The developer docs, HOWTOs, release info, etc. are fine on the wiki.

IPA's end-user documentation is in Docbook/Publican, hosted at
https://git.fedorahosted.org/git/docs/freeipa-guide.git -- once we make
it presentable we'll host the built docs on freeipa.org as well.
(Of course it's a Git repo, anyone is free to make a mirror on Github.
I'm sure you can find one :P)

--
Petr³