[Freeipa-users] reboot required after ipa-client-install?

Dean Hunter deanhunter at comcast.net
Thu Nov 7 17:21:25 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-11-07 at 09:44 +0200, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:

> On Wed, 06 Nov 2013, Dean Hunter wrote:
>
> >After building a new VM and configuring the IPA 3.3.2 client, Gnome
> >seems to only perform a local log-in until the system is rebooted. SSH
> >works with IPA, but not Gnome. Is this correct? Is there anything less
> >disruptive than a reboot that I can do?

> Restart gdm.service?
> I'm not sure how gdm handles PAM auth.

I have tried:

        ipa-client-install ...
        systemctl restart gdm.service

but the behavior remains the same. The Gnome log in screen accepts the
user name, pauses about 25 seconds, then displays the log in screen
again without any messages or indication of a problem. This is the same
behavior I see when entering an incorrect local user name before
configuring IPA.