[Freeipa-users] "Remove Host" Permission Not Working

Stephen Benjamin stbenjam at redhat.com
Mon Nov 11 22:14:47 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've been working on getting Foreman and my FreeIPA instance completely integrated:

https://bitbin.de/blog/2013/11/foreman-freeipa-integration-guide/

But I have an issue, I have a user that has limited roles for Host Enrollment, including
"Add Host" and "Remove Host" permissions.  Remove Host doesn't work like I expect:

$ ipa host-del testbuild.bitbin.de
ipa: ERROR: Insufficient access: not allowed to perform this command
Failed while deleting host from IPA.

Logs:

   [Mon Nov 11 23:03:35 2013] [error] ipa: INFO: registration at BITBIN.DE: host_del((u'testbuild.bitbin.de',), updatedns=False): ACIError

Is there an additional permission I need?  I tried a bunch of different permissions
but I couldn't figure out the right one to give.

Thanks,

Stephen