[Freeipa-users] IPA winsync replication

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon Nov 25 16:21:03 UTC 2013

On 11/25/2013 08:14 AM, Emil Petersson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running FreeIPA 3.0 under RHEL6.4. I'm seeing some unexpected
> behaviour with winsync replication.
>
> 1. I have a working winsync agreement, and users are synced correctly.
>
> 2. If a user already exists in in IPA when I sync it from AD, I'm
> seeing the following in the dirsrv error logs:
>
>     [25/Nov/2013:14:29:03 +0000] NSMMReplicationPlugin -
> windows_update_local_entry: failed to modify entry
> uid=username,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=domain,dc=net - error 21:Invalid
> syntax
>
>     I assume this is because the user already exists in dirsrv? Fine.

No.  Error 21 is Invalid Syntax.  This means the format of the data in
the attribute in AD is not correct for the given syntax.  For example,
if the syntax is Integer, this means the data should be a valid
integer.  However, AD allows data that violates LDAP syntax.

Can you post the data from the AD entry that corresponds to
uid=username,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=domain,dc=net?  Please be sure to
obscure any sensitive data.  I'd like to identify the data that is
causing this problem.