[Freeipa-users] Certificates not renewed

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Mon Nov 25 18:21:51 UTC 2013

Thomas Sailer wrote:
> I have a few certificates that fail to be updated, for example the ldap
> and http certificates. If I read the error message from getcert list
> (see below) correctly, then the contents of the pinfiles are incorrect.
> How do I fix this?
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

Does this work?

# ipa cert-show 1

I'm geussing it doesn't.

The nickname ipaCert in /etc/httpd/alias is the RA agent cert used to
authenticate to dogtag when doing certificate operations. I suspect that
its value hasn't been updated in the dogtag LDAP database.

A quick way to tell is:

# certutil -L -d /etc/httpd/alias -n ipaCert | grep -i serial

# ldapsearch -x -h localhost -p 7389 -D 'cn=directory manager' -W -b
uid=ipara,ou=People,o=ipaca description

This is assuming you've got a 2-instance installation where there is a
separate 389-ds instance for IPA and the CA. If you have a newer install
then the port isn't necessary.

If the serial number from certutil doesn't match the second
colon-separated value then that explains it.

You can see how to update this value at
http://www.freeipa.org/page/IPA_2x_Certificate_Renewal

rob