[Freeipa-users] Certificates not renewed [SOLVED]

Thomas Sailer t.sailer at alumni.ethz.ch
Mon Nov 25 19:53:59 UTC 2013

> Great, thanks for the follow-up.

I was a bit too soon.

After sending the mail, I saw that the freeipa web GUI no longer worked.

It turned out that I ended up with two certificates with the name
Server-Cert in both the httpd and slapd certificate databases. It
doesn't seem to be possible using certutil to selectively delete one of
the two certificates, so I exported both, deleted both, and used an
ASCII editor to extract the correct one and reimport it.

After restarting httpd, the web gui now works again.

Tom