[Freeipa-users] ui timeout issue

siology.io siology.io at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 20:37:59 UTC 2013

I'm seeing an issue with logging into the web UI of ipa. I've been using
IPA for 6 months or so in production, and all has been well so far.

The last thing i did in terms of IPA was run ipa-dns-install, which
completed successfully, but i suspect this issue occured before that i
never noticed as it's been a few weeks since i used the UI. I typically
check the login page works and ldapsearch works after upgrades, but in this
instance the login box is presented, and after entering the credentials it
sits doing nothing for a while, then times out with 'internal server error'

The only useful log i've managed to find is in /var/log/httpd/error_log

[Wed Nov 27 08:41:47 2013] [error] [client (redacted)] Script timed out
before returning headers: wsgi.py, referer: https://(redacted)/ipa/ui/

I'm seeing this behaviour on both my master and replica, but they are both
identical in terms of package versions and such, so it may not be
significant.

My system versions:
Centos 6.4 x64

ipa-python-3.0.0-26.el6_4.4.x86_64
ipa-server-selinux-3.0.0-26.el6_4.4.x86_64
python-iniparse-0.3.1-2.1.el6.noarch
libipa_hbac-1.9.2-82.10.el6_4.x86_64
libipa_hbac-python-1.9.2-82.10.el6_4.x86_64
ipa-client-3.0.0-26.el6_4.4.x86_64
ipa-server-3.0.0-26.el6_4.4.x86_64
ipa-pki-ca-theme-9.0.3-7.el6.noarch
ipa-admintools-3.0.0-26.el6_4.4.x86_64
ipa-pki-common-theme-9.0.3-7.el6.noarch

bind-dyndb-ldap-2.3-2.el6_4.1.x86_64
bind-9.8.2-0.17.rc1.el6_4.6.x86_64

which are (afaik) all latest for centos 6.4

Oddly, i'm not seeing this behaviour in my virtualbox / vagrant IPA
testbed, which has identical version numbers, and wsgi.py in /usr/share/ipa
has identical md5sum.

Not really sure how to approach debugging this further. Any ideas ? Has
anyone else seen this happen ?

The ldapsearch, bind dns and everything else seem operational - just the
GUI is out of action.