[Freeipa-users] ui timeout issue

siology.io siology.io at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 21:32:04 UTC 2013

On 27 November 2013 10:21, Dmitri Pal <dpal at redhat.com> wrote:

>  On 11/26/2013 03:37 PM, siology.io wrote:
>
> I'm seeing an issue with logging into the web UI of ipa. I've been using
> IPA for 6 months or so in production, and all has been well so far.
>
>  The last thing i did in terms of IPA was run ipa-dns-install, which
> completed successfully, but i suspect this issue occured before that i
> never noticed as it's been a few weeks since i used the UI. I typically
> check the login page works and ldapsearch works after upgrades, but in this
> instance the login box is presented, and after entering the credentials it
> sits doing nothing for a while, then times out with 'internal server error'
>
>  The only useful log i've managed to find is in /var/log/httpd/error_log
>
>  [Wed Nov 27 08:41:47 2013] [error] [client (redacted)] Script timed out
> before returning headers: wsgi.py, referer: https://(redacted)/ipa/ui/
>

> What happens before that in the log?
> Any DNS lookup or some other lookup?

doesn't appear so, no. what makes you suspect that ? I never got as far as
doing the ipa-dns-install on the replica. I did it on the master, then went
to login and got this issue. It may well be that it (the UI) was broken
previously. I couldn't work out how to remove the ipa-dns-install to find
out if it magically resumes working though.