[Freeipa-users] Best place to start debugging sudo issue

Bret Wortman bret.wortman at damascusgrp.com
Tue Oct 1 14:46:07 UTC 2013

One some of my nodes, attempting to sudo yields this:

$ sudo su -
sudo: ldap_start_tls_s(): Connect error
[sudo] password for bretw:

When the policy for my account is set up for !authenticate on all systems.

On my own workstation, and most of our systems, it works just fine. But on
a few, this is happening. What's the best way to start debugging this? I'm
not looking for someone to do the work for me, but some pointers to the
right logfiles or extra flags would be helpful.

Thanks!

*
*
*Bret Wortman*