[Freeipa-users] /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/principal missing

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Oct 3 17:55:34 UTC 2013

On 13-10-03 11:49 AM, Rob Crittenden wrote:

> Can clues on how it got to this point? Files changed, etc?

Not really.  This machine has been sitting mostly dormant in fact since
I was last working on it a week or two ago.

> What does the dbmodules section of /etc/krb5.conf look like?

And there it goes.  Did you hear the other shoe drop?  :-)

A badly written configuration management recipe overwrote that file.

I have one from an older FreeIPA that I can re-mold for this server but
if anyone has one from a current EL6.4 machine I would feel more
comfortable that I have a representative replacement.

Cheers,
b.