[Freeipa-users] Force to change password in first login

Rodney L. Mercer rmercer at harris.com
Tue Oct 8 17:45:36 UTC 2013

I've used grub-md5-crypt to create a password for an openldap server and
used this format:
# grub-md5-crypt
Password:
Retype password:
$1$mGzMO1$zF/c9QxKV.ZZXwlvyR8UO1

Here is the ldif that I used to modify the entry on the openldap server:

#cat usermod.ldif
dn: uid=username,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com
changetype: modify
replace: userPassword
userPassword: {crypt}$1$mGzMO1$zF/c9QxKV.ZZXwlvyR8UO1

I'm not sure if this will work for the directory server that IPA uses?

Worth a shot I suppose.

Rodney.