[Freeipa-users] Subsystem certs not renewed

Federico Nebiolo iconeb at yahoo.it
Mon Oct 14 14:45:29 UTC 2013

Dear IPA users,

My IPA 3.0 installation on CentOS 6.4 (coming from a 2.2 upgrade)
suddenly stopped working for the CA part.
I'm not sure this is the root of all the issues, but subsystem
certificates was expired and not renewed: getcert list gives a similar
output for all of them, and I don't know how to proceed.

[]# getcert list -c dogtag-ipa-renew-agent

Request ID '20130902075915':
	status: MONITORING
	ca-error: No end-entity URL (-E) given, and no default known.
	stuck: no
	key pair storage:
type=NSSDB,location='/etc/httpd/alias',nickname='ipaCert',token='NSS
Certificate DB',pinfile='/etc/httpd/alias/pwdfile.txt'
	certificate:
type=NSSDB,location='/etc/httpd/alias',nickname='ipaCert',token='NSS
Certificate DB'
	CA: dogtag-ipa-renew-agent
	issuer: CN=Certificate Authority,O=XXXX
	subject: CN=RA Subsystem,O=XXXX
	expires: 2013-10-11 07:44:12 UTC
	eku: id-kp-serverAuth,id-kp-clientAuth
	pre-save command:
	post-save command: /usr/lib64/ipa/certmonger/renew_ra_cert
	track: yes
	auto-renew: yes

Do you have any hints on how to solve?

Many thanks in advance