[Freeipa-users] stupid question

Mike Calautti Mike.Calautti at genesyslab.com
Tue Oct 15 19:39:45 UTC 2013

Newbie

I see a lot about DNS built into freeIPA.

Im installing via yum on centos6.4

Do I just ignore the DNS part since we have our own DNS servers? Or does freeIPA still need local DNS entries?

Also, im not sure I follow "clients" I see it explains that you can add clients so services and use IPA..
However, does any client that is supposed to authenticate users to freeIPA, need to be added as a client?

Or is there just an ldap.conf file that tells the client to auth a user against the freeIPA server.