[Freeipa-users] stupid question

Mike Calautti Mike.Calautti at genesyslab.com
Tue Oct 15 20:02:17 UTC 2013

I installed ipa-client..

I get this now.

ipa-client-install
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/ipa-client-install", line 2323, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/sbin/ipa-client-install", line 2309, in main
    rval = install(options, env, fstore, statestore)
  File "/usr/sbin/ipa-client-install", line 1684, in install
    ret = ds.search(domain=options.domain, servers=options.server, hostname=hostname, ca_cert_path=get_cert_path(options.ca_cert_file))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ipaclient/ipadiscovery.py", line 242, in search
    ldapret = self.ipacheckldap(server, self.realm, ca_cert_path=ca_cert_path)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ipaclient/ipadiscovery.py", line 339, in ipacheckldap
    basedn = get_ipa_basedn(lh)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ipapython/ipautil.py", line 817, in get_ipa_basedn
    contexts = entries[0][1]['namingcontexts']

cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 6.4 (Final)

Linux freeipatest01.dev.com 3.4.61-9.el6.centos.alt.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Sep 11 15:34:17 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux