[Freeipa-users] Exporting data?

Bret Wortman bret.wortman at damascusgrp.com
Wed Sep 4 13:04:14 UTC 2013

What's the right venue for making a suggestion? In particular, I'd like to
toss out there that it would be really nice to be able to export, at a
minimum, DNS and user data from IPA in the form of a zone file and a
passwd/shadow file pair.

I realize there might be security implications to the latter, and masking
out passwords might be advisiable. And there's no easy way, necessarily, to
get out sudo information. But having DNS and user details would at least
permit a sysadmin having major issues (like I have been for the past two
weeks) to get up and running in some form, using puppet or some other tool
to distribute flat files with named running against a static zone file, or
even to migrate off IPA if absolutely necessary.

*
*
*Bret Wortman*

http://damascusgrp.com/