[Freeipa-users] Incorrect user information

cbulist at gmail.com cbulist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 14:40:29 UTC 2013

Hi,

We have a freeipa server (RedHat 6.3, freeipa:3.0.0-26) and freeipa
client (RedHat 5.9, freeipa client 2.1.3.-5) working in our test testing
scenario without further problems. We are able to use SUDO, HBAC etc.
Our problem is when we change a user info (Name or Last Name) and check
it using the command: getent passwd id_user it showed us the older user
information.
We set entry_cache_user_timeout = 0 in sssd.conf file in order to clear
the cache data but it did not work. Also we tried with:
use_fully_qualified_domains attribute as recommend in:
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/SSSD-Troubleshooting.html#idp26289072
but it was not helpful.

If we check the user info using ldapsearch command we can see the right
user info information. Changing the uid or gid we see the new change
right away.
Any clue about this problem?

Thanks!

CBU