[Freeipa-users] IPA, Named and DHCP

bwellsnc bwellsnc at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 00:12:48 UTC 2013

Hello.    I am working on implementing several new things at my company,
IPA, a new DHCP server, and a new named server.  The problem is that I am
running an infrastructure with Windows, Linux, and Mac.  This means that
DNS entries cannot be kept up to date using the windows/mac side because
they are not part of IPA.  The current DHCP/Named instance I am replacing
does named updates from DHCP.  I am wondering, can the named instance used
by IPA be updated using DHCP.  The ideal situation would be for DHCP to be
allowed to automatically make additions to IPA's DNS server, even if there
is no entry for that host.  Can something like this be implemented with ipa:

http://edmann.com/Computers-Technology/2008/01/08/ISC-DHCP-and-Ldap-Backend

Thanks!

Brent