[Freeipa-users] IPA AD Trust issue

KevinTang at umac.mo KevinTang at umac.mo
Wed Sep 11 04:39:33 UTC 2013

Dear all,

I am new to IPA and have some question about set up.
I already setup IPA server (CentOS 6.4 64bit), IPA client (CentOS 6.4
64bit), and Windows AD (Windows 2008 R2 Standard 64bit). IPA Server and
Windows AD already have 2-ways trusted. Windows AD user can logon under
IPA client PC.

I have 3 question about further setup.

1)  IPA Client Login issue.
In IPA client, if Windows AD user want to login, It need to type full name
such as 'userA at win_ad.com'. How do I let Windows AD user logon only with
their username? That means only use 'userA' to logon IPA Client PC rather
than 'userA at win_ad.com' ?

2) Windows Login issue.
I want to logon under Windows AD Client PC (Client PC's OS is Windows 7),
Since this Windows PC already join win_ad domain, it can allow Windows AD
domain user to logon. But when I try to logon IPA user, for example, logon
as 'userB at ipa_ad.com' or 'ipa_ad.com\userB'. It always show 'There are
currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.' and
does not allow IPA user to logon. How do I do now? I need to modify
Windows AD setting? or Windows client PC setting?

3) Windows Login issue.
Can I login under Windows AD Client PC with IPA username only (not include
IPA domain)? that is, only use 'userB' as username to login?

Thanks all
Kevin Tang