[Freeipa-users] Date of last access attribute

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Fri Sep 13 14:50:01 UTC 2013

On 09/13/2013 05:16 AM, Marina Moreda wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to add in my LDAP an attribute to save the date of last access
> to mail account, or something similar, to know when an user has
> stopped using his mail account. I can't find any attribute like this
> one. Any suggestions on how I can do this?
>
> Thanks so much.

I think there are some operational, i.e. "meta" attributes that store
information when some attribute was last modified so if there is a way
to associate mail activity with a modification of some user attribute
then you can check the time stamp of this modification rather than
create a separate attribute. With a new attribute the question comes:
who, when and how updates it and whether the software you have is
capable of doing it? May be software already updates something on every
activity for the account and if this is the case then operation
attributes would help.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal