[Freeipa-users] Using FreeIPA for LDAP authentication in 3rd party applications

Chris Hudson chris at redhat.com
Fri Sep 13 15:13:52 UTC 2013

A simple bind would be using a user/password combination to access LDAP. An example of a simple bind in an ldapsearch would look something like:

# ldapsearch -x -h ldap.example.com -D uid=user1,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com -w password -b dc=example,dc=com

You can see how we are using -x (simple bind) and then -D (who to bind with?) and then -w (password) to access the LDAP database on ldap.example.com.

HTH,
Chris